Recording Slides in Power Point

Dec 13, 2016

I would like to save a copy of my Storyline project in an .MP4 video format.  The presentations that I would like to record already have sound inserted on each slide.  Is there a way I can do this without having two sound tracks at once?

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Peter! Carrie asked a similar question over here in this thread, and Ashley recommended recording the published output using a tool such as Replay. Here are the steps she listed from that thread:

1. Finish you project in Storyline, and choose to Preview it as described here or publish it for Web here.  

2. If you have published for web - you can use one of the following options as a testing site: 

Tempshare: This is a free service provided by Articulate for testing Storyline content. Note: Uploaded files will be deleted after 10 days.

Amazon S3: Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a graduated fee.

3. Once you have uploaded your course to a web server or the preview has started, you'll want to launch Replay and set it up to Record your screen. 

4. You will likely need to adjust the size of the Replay recording section to match what your Storyline course is being viewed as. 

5. You'll navigate through the Storyline course as normal, just ensuring to do so all within the Replay recording screen. 

6. Once finished - and you've closed out of the recording mode, you'll than have the option to publish Replay as an MP4. 

That MP4 can now be placed anywhere you need. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.