reset slide

Apr 03, 2021

Dear team,

i have added timer to base slide if user not attempt in time layer side popup will appear and now user click on continue button and now i need to timer again its not coming i am attaching file of sample

13 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Best research tells us that a sound track like that will cause unwanted cognitive dissonance, especially in a stress situation, like answering questions. You may want to rethink that design.

Put the timer on a layer, and put a trigger on the continue button to show the layer, and the timer will restart.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Rajendra,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing and for sharing the .story file so that I could take a look.

I'm not clear if you're referring to your try again options on the individual questions or once the quiz has been completed.

• Individual questions:
    You currently have the Try Again Layer set to jump to the next slide vs. Hiding the Layer for the user to try this question again before proceeding.
    *Please note: You have the attempts set to Unlimited, which will require the learner to get the question correct before proceeding.*
  • Retry the entire quiz:
    The Try Again button on the Failure Layer only jumps back to the first slide of the project, but I am allowed to re-attempt the quiz.
    I'd recommend moving your trigger to reset the results to this button as well so that the score displays as expected for the user.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood or if you need additional help.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rajendra!

I'm happy to help! 

The Number variable is set to add the value of 1 every time a new question is pulled, so you need a way to clear the variable when they re-attempt.

What you can do is add a trigger to set the variable to 0 when they click the Try Again button:

Windows 10 (1) 2021-04-08 at 2.35.19 PM

That trigger needs to be above the Jump to slide trigger, as the order matters here. 

Let me know if this works!