Reset to initial state

Apr 22, 2022

After a trainee answers a question incorrectly, they are returned to the main quiz page to re-do the quiz.  I need to go back to the initial state to reset the questions, but I don't want the audio to repeat. When creating a variable to disable the audio from repeating, Storyline turns it into an mp3. Once it's an mp3, the audio simply doesn't play. 

Your help is appreciated.  Attached is the variable I was using. 

4 Replies
Katherine Adraktas

Well, there are a few things I want to accomplish when revisiting the base slide on a quiz.

1.  When students get an incorrect answer, I want them to return to the base slide at a specific time point. I don't know how to do that. 

2. I don't want the audio on the base slide when the students revisit as they don't need to hear the directions twice. 

3. I don't want the whole slide to reset to the initial state.  However, I want the quiz to reset. 

Thanks for your help Lauren. I'll start a support case. 

Phil Mayor

If you want to jump to a specific point in the timeline there is a trigger for that, you could add a cue point or use a timestamp.

If you add a trigger to control the audio then becomes removed from the timeline, to play the audio you will need a trigger at the beginning of the timeline to play the audio.