Resources

Sep 23, 2013

Is there a way to display resources specific to only one scene and resources specific to another scene. 

I  have  three scenes and I would like to avoid creating one very long list of resources for the whole course.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Nikki

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nikki,

The resources tab is for the entire Storyline file and cannot be specific to a particular scene. Have you thought about creating a menu or lightbox slide with links to the resources associated with that screen? You could make a custom button that would appear on each slide within the scene to show the lightbox slide when clicked. 

Hi Sandy and welcome to Heroes!

If you'd only like the Resources tab to appear in one scene (not a separate tab for each scene) you'd need to select all the slides within the scene by selecting them while holding down the Shift or CTRL key - clicking on the scene itself will not allow you to adjust the slide properties. 

nicole lemoine

can you explain this? I made a new tab for a lightbox-menu but for each scene (there are 4) I want it to display the specific lightbox for that scene the person might be in at the time... for example if they are in scene 4, when they click the custom tab at top I want the lightbox4 to show and when they have navigated to another scene the correlating lightbox would popup when they hit the same tab. I don't want to have 4 tabs.

When I am in the player menu, edit the tab player, I do not see a Custom button.

Thanks

nicole lemoine
Ashley Terwilliger

If you use the player default than any custom tabs you've created will be shown there. 

So, is it something that is already possible? If you are able to see the attachment I do not see the custom tab I created in the player defaults...

Or does it need to be a feature request for future?

Hi Nikki,

Sorry if I confused you. If you were to set up the slide's to use the Default player, any custom tabs you set up within the Player would appear - they cannot be added when you chose "Custom for the selected slide" as that will only allow you to choose from the player options you see there. 

To change that behavior would need to be a feature request. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.