Screen recording

Nov 19, 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to record my PC screen with a program from our company, but the mouse disappears in the video so that the user doesn't see where to click in the program. It is not a Microsoft program, it is our company tool which runs on Windows. Any idea?

Reagrds,

Anja

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anja,

Have you tried recording other applications on your computer? It could be that this particular tool isn't allowing enough detail to be transferred to Storyline while recording. To test it out, look at recording something in your web browser (Internet Explorer provides more detail than Chrome) or a standard application like Word or Excel. 

If you still don't see the mouse clicks throughout, please let us know and we can help you troubleshoot further! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anja, 

Since it's an application that's installed on your computer vs. something you're accessing from the web, you'll want to make sure Storyline and the app are running with the same security permissions and user profiles. So if you're logged in as an Admin, are both tools running as admins too? 

Also, is the application installed on the local machine or are you accessing it through a remote server? I'd suggest using a locally installed version of it for the best results. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.