Show next Question bank upon fail of the previous quiz in Storyline 360

Aug 27, 2020

I have 3 scenario quizzes and results added to Storyline.  If the user fails the first set of questions from the course it should then lead them to the next bank of questions with a new scenario.  My current problem is the Passing Score will not calculate.

Which means the success result slide will not show because the Passing Score shows as 0?

Ive checked my formulas/variables and triggers but can't seem to find the answer?

3 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your file! I took a glance and came across a few clues that may be causing the issue:

1. Your Submit Results triggers are disabled on quizzes

As you can pick which results slide to report to your LMS, you won't need to disable this trigger on your initial results slides. Try enabling them all to see if this helps calculate the score correctly!

2. Your Results slide variables are all the same

Usually, new variables will be created for every results slide that you add to your course, and will look like this:

1st Result slide: Results.ScorePoints, Results.PassPoints

2nd Result slide: Results1.ScorePoints, Results1.PassPoints

3rd Result slide: Results2.ScorePoints, Results2.PassPoints

All of your results slide variables are the same, though this may be by intention as it seems you're looking to reset the results as soon as the learner begins a new quiz.

Since you're using a Complete Course trigger, I'm not sure using the same variables and resetting them is necessary, and may be worth taking a look at as well. 

Let me know if either of these suggestions helps or if you continue to run into issues calculating a score!

Rebecca Dabbs

Thank you Ren. I  removed the results at the end of each question bank and created a new scene with the new result pages and as I created each one the Results.ScorePoints variables added the number needed to make them individual result slides.  I was then able to accomplish the triggers I needed to make the course move to the next scenario if failed and move on to Complete the course if successful. Thank you for your help I was over thinking the steps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.