Skip Navigation - Tab Order Option?

Oct 05, 2020

Is there a way to order the Skip Navigation in SL so that it reads the content before becoming enabled. In the following example, the first option when the reading software encounters the page is the Skip Navigation versus the developers content. https://360.articulate.com/review/content/e4a351d7-2d50-46ca-af37-30c60e8d3e56/review

We want to ensure that that learners have visibility/edit rights to the logical reading order on the base layer in SL, that is volume, Menu (ToC), topic page, resources, unlabeled button (comments area), etc.?

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lolita,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you would like to create.

I'm not sure if you've adjusted the navigation in your project or not, so I wanted to share an example with the defaults in place and published to the web for viewing.

In that example, notice that the player is read by the screen reader, then you can skip if needed.

The Accessible Player Makes Navigation Easier

Slide Content Is More Accessible

If you'd like me to take a look, with your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.