SL3 give "Quiz Review Icons" error from projet made in SL360

Jun 01, 2023

Hello, my teams works with both version of Storyline, desktop Storyline 3 and Storyline360. 

I can't open in SL3 a projet made in SL360 because it gives me the error  : "Quiz Review Icons".

How can I solve it?, I don"t see any documentation about it. 

7 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Cathya,

Great question! I understand that you can't open a course created in Storyline 360 in Storyline 3. I would be happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening! I have a follow-up question about the situation so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

If you have the latest version of Storyline 3 installed and the issue persists, it's likely there is a feature that is only available in Storyline 360 used in your course. The workaround for that is to open the course in Storyline 360 and remove the feature that gives the error.

Here is an article with more about compatibility between Storyline 360 and Storyline 3.

Thanks for reaching out!

Cathya Moreno Chu

Hi John, thanks for the feedback! For the workaround, actually I haven't used any particular feature in my quiz, only regular questions. And I don't know where else to look to find about "Quiz Review Icons" items. 

We have not yet installed the latest version on SL3 (we'll do ii in a couple of weeks). By know,  we haven't had any other problems working between the 2 versions, until now. 

So can you tell me where to find information about this feature: "Quiz Review Icons"?

Cathya Moreno Chu

Hi John, thanks for the feedback! For the workaround, actually I haven't used any particular feature in my quiz, only regular questions. And I don't know where else to look to find about "Quiz Review Icons" items. 

We have not yet installed the latest version on SL3 (we'll do ii in a couple of weeks). By know,  we haven't had any other problems working between the 2 versions, until now. 

So can you tell me where to find information about this feature: "Quiz Review Icons"?

Steven Benassi

Hi Cathya!

It sounds like you were running into some issues when trying to open a Storyline 360 file in Storyline 3.

I see you've already opened a support case. Great call! It looks like my colleague Mcgem has picked it up, and replied to your e-mail with steps you can take so your files can be opened interchangeably. I'd recommend giving those a shot to see if that does the trick!

We'll continue this conversation over in your support case.

Cathya Moreno Chu

Yes, Support ask us to instal the last version of SL3, but in my company we have to homologate everything we install for security reasons and it might take some weeks from now. I was wonder if I can find a workaround solution quicker than that or more information about this mysterious "Quiz Review Icons" item?

Cathya Moreno Chu

Mcgem solve the issue!. It was a new button feature that was causing the problem and nothing related to "Quiz Review Icons" as the message shows. Thanks Mcgem!

https://www.screencast.com/t/ULnQc1pPzj9p 

For the record, to open my projet in SL3, I had to remove the button, and change for some other from legacy version.