SL3 VS SL360 vs Articulate 360

Feb 20, 2018

Hello all, and I apologize if this has been answered, I just have not seen it.

I understand that SL3 is a pay one price, SL360 is subscription.  I understand all the extra bells and whistles that 360 gives me.
https://articulate.com/360/storyline#compare

Can someone please clarify, that SL360 is sold only as part of the Articulate360 suite?  Or is this available as a separate package?

I have read that they are both both SL3 - the difference is how you pay for it.

If that is the case, can someone please explain on the comparison chart where it says Convert text to Speech, & Publish to Video.  Looking at the how-to videos, these are things done with in the program itself.  So does this mean those features are greyed out in the SL3 standalone version and not the SL360 version?

And finally, the SL3 license is good for 2 machines, so I can use it on my laptop & desktop. Does the same apply to Articulate360?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed.

-Rob

4 Replies
Jules Guillot

Hi Rob,

Let me answer all your questions :

1- Yes, SL360 is sold only as a part of the Articulate 360 suite, you won't find it as a separate package.

2- Yeah, you won't be able to use those two features in Storyline 3, but they are available in Storyline 360, I put an attachment about it (sorry it's in french but you'll be able to see the difference).

3- For this last question, I am not sure so I hope people will be able to help you.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Rob,

It looks like Jules has you covered on most of your questions, but I did want to confirm:

1. Storyline 360 is sold only as a part of the entire Articulate 360 suite of tools. It's an annual subscription and with that, you have access to award-winning authoring tools, a project review app, millions of sourced assets such as templates, images, and icons, and live online training to get started and learn more as you use Articulate 360! 
  2. The new features recently released are specific to Storyline 360. Because Articulate 360 is a subscription, we're able to roll out new features continuously. That being said, Storyline 360 will always be up-to-date and will include features that aren't in our perpetual versions.
  3. The Articulate 360 Terms of Service (https://www.articulate.com/360/terms) entitle you to install Articulate software on a maximum of two computers, such as a home computer and a work computer. 

If you need to install it on additional computers or would like more than one person to use it, you'll need to purchase additional subscriptions. Or, you may want to consider an Articulate 360 Teams account. 

Hope that helps and please let us know if you need anything else! 

Pierre Jouan
Ashley Terwilliger

If you need to install it on additional computers or would like more than one person to use it, you'll need to purchase additional subscriptions. Or, you may want to consider an Articulate 360 Teams account. 

Hi Ashley,

You say "purchase additional subscriptions OR consider Articulate 360 Teams account". But even with Teams you pay for each user, right? So, that's additional subscriptions as well.

I'd like to be wrong though (we are considering upgrading from SL2).

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pierre,

Yes, Teams allows you to purchase seats for each user or in a setup where you'd need to swap out a user who no longer is a part of the organization Articulate 360 Teams has that option.

If you have specific questions about the pricing or structure our Customer Care team is best equipped to handle those in a one on one conversation. You can reach out to them using the options here or emailing biz@articulate.com

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.