Slide masters

May 02, 2019

We currently use a lot of conversation style slides in our courses. I am setting up a template for our courses and would like to be able to change shape of text boxes used in slide master view to be speech or thought clouds. This option is greyed out under the format tab for working in slide masters. So currently the developer would need to go into the slide master of the template and select and copy the speech bubbles, change their states on the template slide in slide master to hidden then exit slide master view and then paste the copied speech bubbles onto the working slide. Not very efficient process really. 

Does anybody have any workarounds for this they would share?

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi OC,

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are after, but what I have done is to go into View Slide Master and selected Insert Layout from the Edit Master tab, which now enables me to set up my own layout.

Next I have added a character and a speech bubble and then selected Insert Placeholder to insert a text placeholder inside the speech bubble. When you apply the layout to a slide in your course, you get the effect as shown on the single slide, where you are then able to enter a title for your slide and add some text in the speech bubble.

You can, of course, add any necessary formatting for the text to the Master Slide.

Hope this helps.

Operational  Capability

Hi Ned
Thanks so much appreciate your time I will try that :)
Kind regards
Julie Taylor

------------------------------
The information in this email together with any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. There is no waiver of any confidentiality/privilege by your inadvertent receipt of this material.
Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless as a necessary part of Departmental business.
If you have received this message in error, you are asked to inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message and any copies of this message from your computer and/or your computer system network.
------------------------------

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.