Slide Navigation

Jul 01, 2015

I am having trouble with the slide navigation when my story is published. Clicking through the slides the navigation jumps around on the left hand side. Any suggestions?

9 Replies
Janee Boudreaux

Hi Joe,

Picture attached. When I publish the file, click the Next button, the slide navigation on the screen does not match the slide navigation on the left side outline for some of the slides. The outline usually goes in sequence and keeps track of progress for the learner, but for some reason the outline jumps around in sequence. Does that make sense? It makes sense in my mind but not sure if I am explaining this correctly.

Joe Pillsbury

Oh I see, and I know what the issue is.  The outline is following the number or sequence that the slides are in, not your navigation triggers.  You have two options.  Either manually rearrange the menu so that the slides are in order.  Or have the program auto arrange the slides.  if you choose the auto function, it might not order them correctly.  Let me know if you need help on this.

Joe Pillsbury

Ok fast and sweet, I'm getting off in a sec,

see attachment, click on the player thing at the top.  on that window click on the menu in the panel.  from there you highlight what you want to move then use the blue arrows at the bottom to move them where you need.  I hope it helps, if not I will post back tomorrow. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.