Slow Preview

Jun 28, 2018

I'm trying to preview a slide with video and animated bullets, but the animations aren't coming in at the right time. It looks like it's delayed. Is that just a function of a slow running machine? I haven't had this issue on similar slides. I just want to make sure I've got the timing right

6 Replies
Anne DeFelice

Hi Alyssa,

I am having a similar problem. I'm curious if you found any insights into this. The same thing is also happening for me when I view the course after it has been posted to my organization's LMS. For me, the sound and animations are slow and out of sync. But for other people, they run fine. This seems to imply it is my computer?

Thanks!

Anne

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anne,

If it's only happening on one machine, I'd look into what's different/unique about that machine. Are you using a different browser or version than anyone else? What about any various add-ins or other programs running in the background that could be impacting this? 

If you can share what version of Storyline you're using, I can include the viewing requirements for the supported browsers/versions to use. 

Anne DeFelice

Hi Ashley,

Thanks! I am using the most recent version (We have an Articulate 360 Subscription).

I am publishing to HTML5 only.

Here is my system setup:
Windows 10
[cid:image001.png@01D51624.570C8650]

I am working at home with an Xfinity wifi Internet connection. Could that be affecting things?

Thanks,
Anne

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Anne. It looks like you meant to share an image here with me? Responding via email doesn't allow for the attachments or images to appear here so you'd need to visit this discussion to upload it.

In the meantime, you'll find the supported browsers and system requirements for Storyline 360 outlined here. You'll want to make sure you're using one of those browsers and that it's the latest update. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.