Spinning wheel on slide x (storyline 360)

Jan 25, 2017

Hi,

I have a slider interaction in my course and whenever I publish I get a spinning wheel and am unable to interact with the slide.

After some investigation i've since found that there is no issue with the interaction itself since it works if I move the slide to another position.

I've now realised that whatever slide is 'slide 12' in my scene gets the spinning wheel when published.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any advice on how to fix it? Re-building any of the slides won't work since it's not one particular slide that is corrupt.

Thanks

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Emma,

Hmm, that's certainly odd! Are you working from your local hard drive? Also, have you uploaded your published content to a web server or LMS to test it, or are you viewing it locally? Viewing published content on your local hard drive or a network drive isn't supported. Security restrictions in these environments can cause various features in your content to fail.

If you're still seeing this issue, you may want to try importing the slides into a new Storyline file, then contact our Support Engineers if the import doesn't straighten it out. 

Emma Herbert

Hi Erin,

I had two slides with the same title and so the second slide has hidden in the navigation menu pane so that it did not appear twice. The slide with the slider on that was causing issues was the second hidden slide. I changed the slide properties so that the slide did appear in the menu pane and that seemed to fix it.

Is your slider slide hidden?

erin walsh

Hi Emma,

No that is not the case for me. It's only 2-3 specific slides and sometimes it happens to the first slide, and the rest of the time it's the next slide that gets the spinning wheel, so regardless, the user cannot complete the lesson. The slides do have buttons/hotspots on them, but I don't feel that should be the issue. Thank you Emma

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Erin, 

Sorry to hear you've got a problematic file as well - but we'd be happy to take a look at it and give it a test as well.  You’ll want to upload the .story file here (which is the file prior to publishing) using the “ADD ATTACHMENT” button at the bottom of the forums reply window. If you’d prefer to not share in the public forums you’re always welcome to share with our Support Engineers here. They’re available 24/7 to assist! 

erin walsh

Unfortunately I work on a lot of confidential files, so I can't share. I'm going back to SL2 for now, SL360 is too buggy and just not what we were expecting (les problems, instead of more). I feel bad that my boss went and bought 360 too - what a waste. Really should keep these programs in beta until they work well. Safari isn't the only issues I found.

Alyssa Gomez

I completely understand that you're not able to share your files, Erin. I did want to mention, though, that our support engineers keep all files strictly confidential and are happy to sign an NDA, if you'd like.

I apologize that Articulate 360 hasn't lived up to your expectations. Although we'd love to work with you to clear up the issues you're having, if you'd like to continue using Storyline 2,  we will continue to support and guide you on that path. Our priority is making sure your experience using our products is nothing less than stellar, and we always appreciate feedback on how we can improve.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the Review link. I was able to get to that one slide - although the yellow arrow in the bottom right hand corner didn't do anything? 

Did you mean to upload the .story file here? If so - it won't be posted if you responded via email, which I'm guessing you did as your email signature came through when you replied ! No worries, this Peek video will show you how to remove it. 

It also sounds like you may have resolved it by deleting and duplicating the slide? If so, great news and no need to upload your .story file. You may want to take a look at the steps here for managing your project files. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.