Stop audio when item in player menu clicked (Aticulate Storyline 360)

Aug 07, 2023

Hello all!

I'm hoping someone can shed some light. I have a course where audio is played on certain slides. I have added a trigger for the audio to stop if user clicks on an item on the slide. My issue is if the user clicks on an item in the player menu, the audio from the slide they were on continues to play. Note that the player menu must not be locked, as per course requirements, so users must be able to jump from one section to another if they want to. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Johanne

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Johanne,

Happy to help!

This sounds like something that can be corrected by changing the triggers in your slides. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at how your triggers are setup? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Steven Benassi

Hi Johanne!

Great call on opening a support case!

I see that you've connected with my colleague Mark who shared some feedback on your request. The ability to stop audio from playing when learners access the player is not a feature currently offered in Storyline but a feature request has been submitted to our product team on your behalf!

For your reference, here's a closer look at how we manage Feature Requests.