Storyline 360

May 19, 2022

Hi,

I am designing a course in SL 360. The ask from the SME is as follows:

In case of failing of Quiz:

Part 1- fails the quiz twice, then retake part 1 again - allows again 2 retakes of the quiz. if they still fail the part 1 quiz, the LMS records it as FAIL.

Similarly, Part 2 will work on the same principle.

I am trying to do that, but the LMS records it as In-Progress after failing Part 1 several times.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Zain

1 Reply
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Zain.

Thank you for reaching out!

I believe the issue here is from both your quizzes being set to Pre-check:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-05-19 at 4.06.45 PM

• Pre-Check: This quiz type creates a conditional “submit results” trigger, which depends on the learner passing the quiz. A pre-check quiz can be scored and tracked by your LMS only if the learner passes. If they fail, the quiz won’t get reported to your LMS, and the learner has an opportunity to pass another quiz later in the course. Pre-checks are automatically added to your LMS tracking options. (Even though a failed pre-check doesn’t get reported, the question data still gets submitted to the LMS. Depending on your LMS, you might be able to see how a learner responded to a failed pre-check.)

If your design allows, can you create a third Results slide that combines those results? You can then use that Results slide for the tracking.

Let me know if that works!