Storyline 360 built in states not working

Feb 22, 2024

I am starting a project with a new client. They use states a lot. I am comfortable with states but in the file they gave me, the built in states are not working.

There are four main buttons to take you to four different layers. If you hover over a button, it doesn't change. There is a hover state. If you visit a layer, the state does not change to visited. 

I can make my own states and triggers and make it work. My question is why are the built in states not working? Am I missing something stupid?

Thanks! 

6 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Shannon, 

There's no way to know for sure what exactly caused the issue, but this article explains some possible causes of data corruption that you can take a look at for your reference. You can also try importing your slides over to a new project file as a troubleshooting step if you run into a similar issue again. 

Alternatively, you can also open a case with our support team here and our support team will be more than happy to troubleshoot your project file and share additional details of the possible causes with you!