Storyline 360 Custom Quiz Scoring - Adding Together Like Answers

Feb 09, 2023

This one is hard to explain, but what we are trying to do is make a quiz that people make a selection between two letters. There are four letters total: A, B, C, D and each questions contains two of those options. What we are wanting is to add those responses and see how many times the tester answered with each letter. 

So like: they had 5 A responses, 9 B responses, 2 C responses, and 4 D responses. Rather than having to tally each by hand, we want to have an automated process within Storyline 360 or Quizmaker 360 that shows all the tallies on a results page

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

This design can be achieved using a combination of variable and triggers. You just need to find a way to 'count' each time a learners selects one of the available options and store this count into a variable. 

I created the attached project file since it might be easier to show you a working demo instead of trying to explain the concept. Please check the attached, and let me know if I understood your design requirement correctly.

If the design works for you, you can then follow the steps here to send the values of the variables to an LMS: