Storyline 360 dragged seekbar issue

Jun 12, 2018

I'm having an issue with the seekbar in SL360. 

After publishing, if I drag the seekbar to the end of the timeline, instead of letting it play to the end, there will be a part of the bar that continues and overlaps the navigation buttons on hover. (see attached)
Sometimes the bar will only reach the replay button, and other times it has stretched to the next button. 
When it appears, it will overlap the buttons and the seekbar will be selected instead of the button.

It will do this when run locally or on our LMS.

Has anyone else come across this, or knows why this is happening?

13 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Casey,

Wow, that definitely doesn't look right! I haven't seen this happen before, so I'm really glad you reached out about it. 

Would you be able to record a quick Peek of what you're doing when this problem pops up? That'll help our product team try and recreate the behavior and tackle next steps for fixing it. 

Thanks!

Casey Conlon

Sure Alyssa, here is a link to the Peek:
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/8a1aca35-737f-4c74-9880-e506c19f5006/review

We work with vendors that are in different environments and are seeing the same thing.

Also, here is a (probably) unrelated issue:
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/8a1aca35-737f-4c74-9880-e506c19f5006/review

You can see that even though the Next/Prev buttons are disabled, they still have a hover state.
They can't be selected, but still could be confusing.

Thanks for looking into this!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Casey,

Thanks for those videos, although it looks like you included the same one twice. Can you share the second one again?

I tried on my own files to see if I could replicate that seekbar hover matching your player set up, and it was working normally. I wonder if you could share that sample slide so that I can confirm we're using all the same settings? 

Crystal Horn

Hi Casey.  Thanks for taking the time to share the sample file and your Peeks.  I can reproduce what you're seeing in a new file as well.  I'll document both of these issues for our team to investigate!

I haven't found these visual glitches to impair the function of the player yet, but if you see otherwise, please let me know.  I'll keep this discussion updated with any changes to that behavior.  Thanks for sticking with us on it!

Paul Gustafson

Has this been fixed.  If a learner is floating over the NEXT or BACK navigation where the scrubber is going ON TOP of the buttons, the buttons/hotspots are NOT clickable (per Casey's sample).  I would think this very significant issue would have been fixed a long time ago because it impairs the learners ability to select the button and move on.  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Paul,

This issue is still open and has been reported by a small handful of folks in this discussion. Here's an inside look at how we prioritize bugs once we report them. 

I don’t currently have any updates, but you are now subscribed to this conversation which means as we share updates here, you’ll automatically be notified.

It's also worth noting, that once a learner drags the seekbar back within the normal range, they're able to click on the next/previous buttons again. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Casey and Paul.

We appreciate your patience while our team investigated this.

I am happy to share some great news! We fixed the issues reported where:

Draggable seekbar extends to navigation buttons

and 

Modern Player: Disabled Prev Next buttons still have hover state

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update (Build 3.49.24347.0) to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. 

If the problem happens again, please let us know, or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.