Storyline 360 exported LMS does not support F11 keys

Jun 06, 2018

Hi there, 

I am running into a huge problem with Storyline 360 exported content. The F11 key to maximize screen no longer works on any browser. This maximize can be made happen with individual menu options in the browser, but not the F11. 

This is frustrating my customer who had no issues with SL2 and now he cannot use the F11. I have tried different player settings and Publish settings, but could not resolve this. 

Does anyone have any answer to this ? 

Thank you

Sujeeth

4 Replies
S Jacob

Hi Alyssa,

Thats true, I have already explored the sizing options, but they do not fix the problem I have. I have tried both modern and classic player.

To be more specific about the problem, we have two customers one using EXE version and the other using LMS. In both cases the customer requests to have the F11 present to be able to view the lesson full screen or not. For the customer using LMS, they have this into their specification. 

Problem is now the F11 simply does not react in either cases in any browser. We are happy if it works with IE at least.

And for both the customers they were happy with SL2 versions. We upgraded to SL360 to solve some bugs with video pausing and now we have developed so many lessons that we cannot possibly think about going back to SL2.

Would be great if you have a solution to this.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi S,

We've done some further testing on this, and we've concluded that this is indeed a problem in Storyline 360. When viewing a Storyline 360 output file, pressing F11 should open the browser in fullscreen, just as it did with Storyline 2. 

I'm going to get this in front of our product team so we can begin looking at next steps. I know this is an important feature for your customers, so I'll be sure to keep you updated on our progress.

Thanks again for reporting this issue to us, and I apologize for the headaches it's causing you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.