Storyline 360: How can I tell which colour type my objects are?

Oct 03, 2019

In Storyline 360 we have the option of specifying colour types for objects using attributes that are vaguely defined, such as: Text/Background - Dark 1, Light 1, Dark 2, Light 2, Accent 1-6, Hyperlink, and Custom 1-3.

Is there any way, for a given object on a slide, that we can see which of these attributes is being used?

For example, could I click on some text and see that it's Accent 1?

Thank you.

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you would like to understand with your course design.

We have many of these listed in our documentation, but a 'hover' tooltip would be a neat feature request. Feel free to share your idea and use case with our team to best understand your need.

• Text/Background - Dark 1 is the default text color for light slide backgrounds and shapes. It's also one of the slide background styles on the ribbon's Design tab.
  • Text/Background - Light 1 is the default text color for dark slide backgrounds and shapes. It's also one of the slide background styles on the ribbon's Design tab.
  • Text/Background - Dark 2 and Text/Background - Light 2 are slide background styles on the ribbon's Design tab.
  • Accent 1 is the default fill color for shapes, captions, check box styles 1 and 2, and radio button styles 1 and 2.
  • Accents 2-6 are colors you can choose in style galleries and color selectors throughout Storyline.
  • Hyperlink is the color used for text hyperlinks.
  • Control 1 is the hover color for buttons and answer choices (except drag items, drop-down questions, and Likert scale questions, which use Custom 2).
  • Custom 1 is the default fill color for buttons.
  • Custom 2 is the default color for check box styles 3 and 4 as well as radio button styles 3 and 4. It’s also the hover color for drag items, drop-down questions, and Likert scale questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.