Storyline 360 "lagging"

Jan 29, 2018

Having an issue with Storyline 360 since installing an update this morning (1/29).  

When editing text, there is a delay between my typing and when the text appears on screen.  Same issue with moving/resizing shapes, or any other interactions. 

Example: Need to move text box and then resize shape to fit over text box

Click on Text box, takes a moment to recognize

Click on border and move, delay between my action and the text box moving

Click on top right corner of shape, move to resize, delay between click and resulting change in shape size

Any one else experience this or similar issues? I'm on a deadline and the software is functionally unusable for me.  

14 Replies
Stephanie McClellan

Yes! I'm having the same issues.  Have actually had this issue for the past week or so.  

I've read through all the troubleshooting articles and tried all that is possible (import to a new file, isolate scenes, re-install, update image driver) and nothing seems to work. 

It's taking an enormous amount of time to make simple edits - about 5 seconds every time I touch an element on the screen. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jake and S, 

I'm sorry for the issues you've both run into with Storyline's latest update. I took a look at saw that Jake also submitted a support case for this (thanks!) and my colleague Ryan recommending running through the repair steps here to fix odd or unexpected behavior. 

He also offered a reminder to work on local project files, which is mentioned as a part of the best practices in this article and that if you're only seeing this on one particular .story file to try out importing it into a new file following the directions here.

Let us know if any of those steps help. 

Jake, if you want to update Ryan he can continue to work with you one on one.

S, if you'd also like to work with our Support engineers please reach out here. Let them know if you're able to go through the steps I mentioned and if you share this forum discussion that'll also help.  

Jo Lamontagne

Hi all

I raised support case yesterday because I'm also having issues with the latest update.  However, I've sent an email out to all colleagues this afternoon and received nearly a quarter of 'Out of Office replies'.  I wonder if we're all experiencing these issues but the team are attempting to resolve it on reduced resources due to the weather conditions? xxx

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lauren,

The steps shared previously to conduct the repair and ensure you're following along with those guidelines for working with Storyline files are the starting point. In Jake's case, it was narrowed down to one corrupt slide that he needed to rebuild. 

Jo, 

There is a lot of crazy weather right now, but luckily our team is distributed throughout the US and globally! Some of us are impacted, so perhaps a little backlog of cases. Not to worry, I see the case you submitted and it's in the right spot. Our team will be in touch as soon as they can. You mentioned the latest update - did you install the update released yesterday? 

Leslie McKerchie

Oh no, Shawna.

This conversation is a bit dated, but I'd be happy to help you out.

Do you know what version of Storyline you're using? We are currently on Build 3.26.18601.0 for Storyline 360. You can read all of the details here.

You can check by going to:
Help > About Articulate Storyline

If you update, it will repair your software as well. It sounds like that's what helped others. If you are on the latest update, you can still repair your software.

Let me know what you find. Welcome to E-Learning Heroes by the way :)

Shawn Lowe

I had a similar issue with lag recently, and I was confused because I just got a new computer with specs that could render a Pixar movie with no issue.

The problem ended up being my background pic (even though it was in the master file and snagged from 360 content). If your program has a large file background image, it will really make storyline lag.