Storyline 360 Matching Drag and Drop field size

Jan 08, 2019

Is there a way to change the size of the text boxes for this feature, such as widening the boxes?? 

If not, is it worth creating this function?

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi George,

The matching drag and drop shapes and text are set automatically to keep it consistent across answers (or else folks may know the answer based on size alone!)

If having this ability is something that would improve your experience using Articulate you can submit a feature request here. Here's a bit more about how we work to prioritize feature requests.

Christine Chow

agree that it would be helpful to have ability to modify the sizing of the drag and drop matching quiz widget. the question allows up to 10 drag and drops, but the quiz page starts scrolling for me when I only have 7 items to match, which is not something I want for our users.

perhaps another way of tackling this is to provide the shape templates for us to fill in with text and which will allow us to create our own freeform drag and drop match questions? I tried to do that but couldn't find a good template image to use and I don't draw very well!

Katie Riggio

Thanks for sharing what you'd both like to see, George and Christine!

We like exploring new feature ideas, so we appreciate you letting us know that having the ability to resize the drag & drop boxes is important for your workflow. I'll share this discussion with our product team and I promise we'll keep this conversation updated if we make changes there!

In the meantime, have you considered using a freeform drag & drop interaction? It'll allow for more flexibility in the design! 😊

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.