Storyline 360 not compliant with WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility guidelines

Jan 19, 2023

I see that Articulate claims on this page that "Storyline 360 supports WCAG 2.1 Level AA, including screen readers, keyboard navigation, visible focus indicators, and more."

I'm confused though, because Articulate also highlights on page 11 of its Accessibility Conformance Report here that Storyline 360 is not compliant with WCAG 2.1 (Level AA), based on the fact that its text input fields do not support WCAG criterion 1.3.5: Identify Input Purpose. It also states that it does not meet criterion 3.1.2: Language of Parts.

Obviously, if Articulate 360 only supports most of the criteria for Level AA, but not all of the criteria, then it is does not satisfy the requirements of WCAG 2.1 (Level AA) compliance. Therefore, I have advised my client that their requirement of WCAG 2.1 (Level AA) compliance cannot be achieved if we use Storyline. 

Could you please clarify if the report is now outdated and if any recent improvements to the software allow it to meet criteria 1.35 and 3.1.2? That is, is Storyline 360 now compliant with WCAG 2.1 AA, as per the claim on this page?

25 Replies