Storyline 360 omitting all of the occurrences of the letter "F"

Mar 14, 2018

I am not kidding!  This has happened to me twice and for the life of me I don't know why this is happening.  Has anyone else seen something like this?

5 Replies
Jeff Forrer

This has happened to many.  If you search the forums you can find some potential solutions, it s a known issue with few workarounds.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/letters-t-and-f-going-missing-in-storyline-360-for-small-population-of-users

Jump to the last page for the causes of this issue. One suggestion to avoid this you either need to change a security setting in IE or be more conservative in font selection.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience while our team continued to keep an eye on this one and investigate. My colleague Mike shared an update on this issue early this AM, and I wanted to also share it here:

Hi all,
The way we currently handle Storyline HTML5 fonts with ligatures makes it so the font quality matches in Storyline and in the published output. While this works well for the majority of use cases, we know that it causes problems in Internet Explorer when a security setting is enabled that prohibits web fonts from being downloaded. We hear you that this is painful. And we’ve come up with a solution to address it. It’s not going to be an easy fix, so we can’t give an ETA just yet, but it is definitely at the top of the priority list.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.