Storyline 360, Output to Web, Sharing via OneDrive

Apr 24, 2023

Hello,

I have an interactive course that I want to share with the writing team.  They do not have access to Articulate 360.  I  published the course as a web course.  Then I put the output folder and its contents on my OneDrive and gave my team access to the entire folder.  When they click on Story.html, their browser opens but they only see a black screen.  No play button, no way to launch it. 

Thinking it was OneDrive permissions I opened my OneDrive and clicked the story.html file and got the same result.

What am I missing?

Rachael Leyba
Olmsted County MN

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Rachael,

Thanks for reaching out! 

You'll want to make sure that OneDrive is capable of hosting HTML files and opening them as web pages. Amazon S3 is capable of doing this. Here's a screenshot of a Storyline 360 course that was published to web and uploaded to my personal Amazon S3 account: 

And here's a link confirming that opening the story.html works. Alternatively, you can just publish your course to Review 360 and share that link to your colleagues instead. 

Eric Schaffer

I hate OneDrive just because of this issue. I believe Articulate will tell you storing files on a cloud storage system may create issues. 

I think if you publish to Review 360 and check the correct box, people without Articulate can review and comment on the project. 

I always keep a copy on my computer or a storage drive. By company policy we also keep a copy on SharePoint, I've had issues with storage there also.

Good Luck