Storyline 360 - perfect score on quiz results in a 94.38 score

Oct 10, 2019

This one has me stumped. I have a freeform quiz that is 15 questions, all worth 6 points. The questions are mostly multipart so that all responses in each questions add up to 6 points:

Question 1 - 3 parts @ 2points each

2 - 3x2

3 - 3x2

4 - 1x6

5 - 1x6

6 - 2x3

7 - 2x3

8 - 2x3

9 - 3x2

10 - 2x3

11 - 6x1 (one interaction is not counted in the quiz scoring)

12 - 2x3

13 - 4x1 + 1x2

14 - 4x1 = 1x2

15 - 3x2

When I test the quiz the max score is 94.38. Can anyone explain why and or how to fix?

5 Replies
David Schwartz

Hi Benjamin,

Wonder if you could share the SL file. I did a little stuff in Excel, and the only whole numbers I could come up with that would produce that score, and which were close to a total max points of 84 (14 x 6), were if the total score achieved was 84 but the max available points was 89.

I'm guessing maybe question 11 is actually being tallied in the total available points, but is not being scored. That leaves 1 point unaccounted for, of course.

If you can't share the SL file, I would look first at your results slide and make sure which questions are being included in the results.

Benjamin Caulder
David Schwartz

Hi Benjamin,

Wonder if you could share the SL file. I did a little stuff in Excel, and the only whole numbers I could come up with that would produce that score, and which were close to a total max points of 84 (14 x 6), were if the total score achieved was 84 but the max available points was 89.

I'm guessing maybe question 11 is actually being tallied in the total available points, but is not being scored. That leaves 1 point unaccounted for, of course.

If you can't share the SL file, I would look first at your results slide and make sure which questions are being included in the results.

Thank you for the reply.

I would have to work on it to remove certain content, since much of the content is proprietary. But, if I am to understand you correctly, Storyline does not tally points (90/90 in this example) to determine the percentage - this is what I assumed. Does Storyline need the quiz points to equal 100 to return a percentage of 100% for a perfect score?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.