Storyline 360 - Player hidden - Web version

Apr 27, 2018

Hi everybody!

I have a problem with the player, even if I updated SL. 

As you can see in the picture attached, part of the Player is hidden. In particular, I can't see the buttons Menu/Index and Glossary.

This problem d0esn't depend on the Browser and it occurs when I publish the Web version of the object.

Thanks in advanced for your help,

Marzia

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Marzia,

Thanks for including your file! I'm seeing some differences in the Flash output versus the HTML5 output. The Flash output player looks correct, and the HTML5 output player has hidden tabs.  You can have a look at my testing here. 

From here, I'll bring this to our support engineers for some further testing. We'll reach out to you as soon as we have more to share!

marisa orlando

Good Morning everybody!

I updated SL and now I have the problem described in the previous messages again.

As you can see in the .story file attached above, the Player has hidden tabs.

In particular, this occurs with the HTML5 output, when I publish the Web and the LMS (SCORM 1.2) versions .

The client requests the HTML5 output, so I can't use the Flash one.

This problem doesn't depend on the Browser, like last time.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day,

Marzia

Katie Riggio

Hi, Taylor. Thanks for checking in!

No news yet, but I promise we'll share all updates once we have them in this discussion. You're in the right place, and here's our process on tackling bugs!

While we continue to look into this issue, the current workaround is to set the font size to around 120%.

If there's anything else I can help do to help, please let me know!

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

I am happy to report that we are not seeing this behavior in Storyline 360 (Build 3.49.24347.0):

• The area in the sidebar gradually overlaps the sidebar tabs the larger the player font size is adjusted in HTML5 output.

If you're still running into this snag, make sure you're using the latest version of Storyline 360.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us in this discussion or in a support case if you have additional questions!