Storyline 360 - Player option: Never Resume - issue passing quiz data

Dec 13, 2016

In storyline 360, when I change the Player option to "never resume", it appears that the quiz data is no longer being passed to my LMS.  If I change the Player option back to "allow resume" it passes the quiz data to my LMS.

Also, when the "never resume" option is set, the exit trigger does not work.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to fix these issues?

5 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Susan

have you tried uploading and testing in Scormcloud (Industry standard LMS) to see if the same behaviour occurs - this will help you determine if it is an LMS issue or a SL issue.

Here is a troubleshooting blog that may help you.

If you still have problems you may want to log a support case with the Articulate engineers to look at your .story file

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Susan.  I'm sorry about this snag!  I did some testing on a file of mine, and I saw the same behavior when I set the Player to "Never Resume" and viewed the HTML5 output.  I tested with SCORM 1.2 and 2004 4th edition outputs.  When I viewed the Flash output, however, the quiz data was sent, and the exit trigger worked.

I'm going to create a report for our QA team to have a look at the HTML5 output and determine if we can make a fix for this issue!  Thanks so much for bringing this up.  We'll be sure to update this thread as we get new information to share.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Susan,

I wanted to provide an update here, as Articulate 360 Update 3 was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here. The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed an issue where quiz data wouldn't always be communicated to an LMS in HTML5 output when the course was set to never resume and where the  exit-course trigger wouldn't work in HTML5 output when the course was set to never resume. When you open the 360 Desktop application you’ll be prompted to  download the latest update and after downloading and installing the latest update you’ll want to republish any existing content to ensure that the updates and fixes are applied.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.