Storyline 360 Publish to Word - still blurry? (Same for HTML5)

Nov 21, 2016

Hi all,

Before I commit myself to SL360, could anyone please tell me if the Publish to Word quality has improved?

I'm currently using SL2 (3 days of trial left!) and I've just exported my first production to a Word document and the quality is pretty poor.  The images have quite noticeable quality reduction with pixilation visible making inserted Comments very hard to read (even with Large images selected and Image & Video Quality under Publish to Web on max).

This will be a real deal breaker for me?

On the same note, is the HTML5 output much better as well? This was noticeably worsen than the outputted Flash content.

I guess I'll find out in 4 days when I start my SL360 trial, just wanted your thoughts!

Thanks

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Alex,

You can trial Storyline 2 and Storyline 360 at the same time - so you may want to look at how the same course is behaving in both before you make your decision. If you need a bit of an extension on your Storyline 2 trial, please feel free to let our team know here. 

I think the publish to Word quality has gotten noticeably better since the original Storyline 1, and it's something we continue to take a look at - but again including images within Word isn't going to default to the same level of high quality imagery as you'd see in another specific photo/image editing tool. 

As for the HTML5 output, Articulate 360 offers broader support for more browsers to access the HTML5 output. Additionally we've included options to publish HTML5 only or HTML5 first. You may want to take a look at the additional information here in regards to that. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.