Storyline 360 Question bank and assessments

Jun 04, 2018

I'm using Storyline360 and am creating stand alone assessments and am trying to utilize a question bank.  Can I specify the number of questions I want to use ( I have 60 total questions but want 50 to be mandatory)  and can you make those questions random? (so if a user had to take it a second time, it could pull form the extra questions that are there.)

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Emily, 

When you set up the Question draw you can determine how many questions are pulled and if they are pulled randomly or not. You can also identify any questions that you want to always be include.

If a user is to retake the quiz or the entire course, it'll reset their attempts and pull again randomly from the question bank. Since it's random, there is no way to guarantee that the learner sees the questions they hadn't yet completed. 

Take a look at the tutorial information here on setting up and managing a question bank. 

Alyssa Gomez

Those are great questions, Emily. The short answer is, yes! Let's dive deeper to see how a Draw from Question Bank slide works. 

1. You can draw from a set of questions randomly by marking the 'Draw questions randomly' option.
  2. In the 'Include' dropdown, you'll want to select 50. This will present the learner with 50 questions the first time they take the quiz. If they retry the quiz, they'll get another set of 50 questions--keep in mind that many of those questions will be repeated since only 10 questions were not included in the first draw.

I hope that clears things up a bit!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.