Storyline 360 - Quiz results

Sep 18, 2017

Hi, I'm developing a course in Storyline 360 which is made up of three modules - each on a different topic. I want to add a quiz after each module where the learner has to pass each quiz to pass the course. Is there a way that the results slide can take into account the results of each quiz to record a pass/fail score or does the quiz always have to be at the end of the whole course?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Mira!  That's a really good question.

You can have multiple quizzes in your course, and you can tally the score one of two ways:

• You can have a results slide at the end of each quiz, and then a final results slide at the end of the course which will account for each quiz result.
  • You can just have one results slide at the end of the quiz that tallies all the quiz questions.

If you choose the first route (which sounds like it might work best for your design), you can use variable text references to show the individual quiz scores as well.  

The great thing about results slides is that you can design them to appear however you'd like, as long as you have the questions/results to be tracked set up properly and that it still has the trigger to submit the results (to the LMS).  Just remember:  You can only submit one results slide to the LMS, so when you publish, choose the one that aggregates all of the quiz results.

Let me know how you make out!

Mira Gomez

Hi Crystal, thanks for this. I have a follow up question.

I'm building a scenario based course where, at certain points, learners are asked to refer to fact sheets and resource manuals outside of the course and then answer questions. I want their responses to be recorded through the course and if they score 80%, they pass the course.

Can this be done by inserting quizzing slides at the relevant points or would all the slides (including the ones with information only) have to be created in a question bank? Our previous developer created a course with all module slides in a question bank and I'm trying to understand why.

Hope I'm making sense.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.