Storyline 360 Review link question

Aug 31, 2021

I have an issue when I publish a review link in Storyline and send it out for review.  My project contains narration, but when my reviewers click the link to launch the course, the course is automatically muted.  I get feedback comments telling me that there is something wrong with the course.   Once they click on the speaker icon at the bottom of the slide, they can adjust the volume, but that is not intuitive for may SMEs who are just reviewing content.   Am I missing something?  

Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jerry.

Thank you for reaching out!

Let me ask you a few questions so we can start troubleshooting:

• Is your course set up to move automatically between slides, or does it need user interaction? 
  • Is this happening with all the slides that have narration or only specific ones?
  • If they click on the slide (instead of the audio button), does the audio play?
  • Would you be comfortable sharing your .story file either here or through a support case?
Jerry Murch

Hi Maria,
Thanks for following up on my question. Sorry for my slow response. I am
still trying to resolve this issue, so I am comfortable with sharing it
when I get the chance.
To answer your question, the first slide, a silent title slide, is set to
run, and then advance automatically to the first slide of the course with
narration. From there on the course requires user interaction. It is on
this slide where I have my issue. If I click on the slide, the audio will
play, but not correctly. It will either echo or skip and the timing will
be off. I have run into this before with other courses. I generate the
360 Review link, and the SME who is reviewing the course thinks there is no
narration, or that something is wrong with the course.
Any assistance is appreciated!
Thank you,
Jerry

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jerry.

Thank you for the additional details!

We have a bug reported where Audio is not playing if trigger "When timeline starts or When timeline reaches or When timeline ends" is used to go to the next slide when published, that is likely what you're experiencing. 

I've connected this discussion to the bug report, and I'll be sure to come back to update you when I have some news. 

In the meantime, can you force the user's interaction on the first slide (for example, a button that says "Click here to start", which will Jump to the next slide)?