Storyline 360: Screen Recording - Any way to save recently recorded screen sizes?

Jun 18, 2018

I found this text in the tutorial for creating screen recordings: "use the drop-down list on the control bar to choose preset dimensions."  Mine only shows 720x540 or 720x405.  Didn't there used to be a dozen or so presized templates to choose from?  I'll be setting up recording machines for multiple SMEs, and would like to take as many steps away from them navigating Storyline as possible.  I understand you can just draw out any size you wish, but I'd rather have a number of sizes to choose from instead. Sometimes it's even a bit fussy trying to get down to an exact size...  Thank you.

9 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Tim. Great question 🌟 Once you perform one screen recording at a given size, those exact dimensions will be saved in the list for future use. Those screen dimensions will then be saved in the list of options, so you can easily select them for future recordings.

ScreenSizeList

1316 x 1004 is the saved size so I can use it later

From what I understand, you'd like for the ability to preset dimensions and add them to that list since you'll be working with multiple sizes. I've shared your insight with our product development team in the form of a feature request – you should receive a confirm email for it shortly!

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm here if you need anything else!

tim blanz

I wonder if this is just an issue with the trial version? My team is preparing to buy a group license (your Sales team has not replied with a quote yet). When doing a screen capture, it does not save the size to my recording tool like yours did.  My only options are the default "select a window" and the 4:3 and 16:9 defaults after doing a number of 1024x768 and 1280x1024 recordings and publishing them.

Katie Riggio

Thanks for reaching back out, Tim. Really sorry for any trouble there! I just spoke to my teammate, Ed, and he let me know you're all set now – they'll be standing by if you have any more questions!

Hm, the trial version is fully functional as a full one and should not contain any restrictions. Here's a quick Peek to walk you through the steps I took to have some exact dimensions saved to my list. Let me know if your steps look different – perhaps a Peek for a Peek?

I'd love to dig deeper and will be standing by!

tim blanz

Sorry but I am experiencing the same issues on my laptop.  After creating a screen recording and producing it, when returning to the recording tool, it does not show up as a size to choose from.  Here's a screen shot of my recording tool after doing half a dozen recordings yesterday, all at different sizes.

Please help.

Alyssa Gomez

That's really strange, Tim! Thanks for sticking with us on this. We really want to get this sorted out for you!

Let's go back to the drawing board and be sure that you're on the latest update of Storyline 360. To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.17.16117.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

Please let us know if you're using that version of Storyline, and we'll move forward from there!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Tim. I saw your other post and I'm glad the update helped you out! It also sounds like ensuring that you were running Storyline and your VM using admin privileges was a part of it too. 

Since you're still having trouble with the sizing, I'd like to have you work with our Support Engineers to dig a bit deeper!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.