Storyline 360

Aug 18, 2017

Hello all,

I have a project that I can't understand what is happening.

I have added the magnifying glass to some images to make them bigger when selected, but when I click on them sometimes they work and sometimes they don't but when the do it freezes up the screen and makes it darker and you loose control of what is happening.

Do I have a issue with my 360? or what am I doing wrong?

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/76de5e00-8a18-4bf8-ab5e-deb936b91946/review

Thank you

Jason

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Jason,

Thanks for sharing the Review link--I saw the same thing you're seeing. Is it limited to Articulate Review, or does it also happen if you test the HTML5 output on a web server? 

I'd love to have a copy of your file to do further testing. You're welcome to share a few of the affected slides instead of the whole project. You can attach the file here in this thread, or use this form to send it privately.

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Jason. I published a portion of your file to Articulate 360 (and removed some videos to keep the file size down). Click here to give it a test--I'm not seeing the problem happening in this version.

Can you double-check that you're on the latest version of Storyline 360? Here's how:

• Click the Help tab
  • Click About Storyline
  • In the bottom-right corner, look for this version number: 3.8.13184.0
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jason,

I did make your file size smaller by removing all but one scene. Now that I've published the original, larger file, I'm seeing the issue again. It seems that it could be due to the large file size, but I'd like our Support Engineers to verify that. I'll share your file and my Review links with the team for testing, and they'll reach out as soon as they have more information to share. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Michael and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thank you for contacting us and sharing that you're running into a similar issue.

We do still have an open issue specific to zoom regions when the speed is set to 'very slow'.

Is that the setting you've used as well? If so, the workaround is to use a different transition speed.

I will get the report updated to reflect the number of users affected and this conversation is linked to the report so that we can share any updates with you here.

Lauren Connelly

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share that we are no longer seeing this bug, Zoom region briefly jumps or jerks at the end then gets stuck in the zoom region, in our latest version of Storyline 360. 

I'd recommend using Storyline 360 (Build 3.61.27106.0) or later.

You can reach our Support Team in this discussion or privately in a support case.