Storyline 360 Slow Down

Apr 20, 2021

Has anyone else noticed a real slow down of the response rate of Storyline since the update last week? It can take up to 8-10 seconds for a text box to select and become editable. I've even moved the scenes I'm editing to a new file so I'm not working in a large project and it made no difference.

8 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Helen!

Thank you for letting us know that you're noticing Storyline 360 lagging. We haven't seen this reported after last week's update, but it's important that we can pinpoint what you're running into. 

Have you tried a quick repair of Storyline 360? If that doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend connecting with a Support Engineer for further troubleshooting.

iQ Performance and Development

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your reply, a repair has helped a lot.

However it is still happening on one particular slide, which is based on the Grid layout from the Illuminate template. All the other slides respond as you'd expect, including other interactive slides from the template, but that one lags terribly.

Helen

Lauren Connelly

I'm happy to hear repairing Storyline 360 has helped, Helen! Is there a specific object on the slide that might be causing the lag? You can check this by hiding an object on the timeline. 

I'm happy to take a look at your project if that works for you! You can attach it to this discussion or upload it to me using this link.

Richard Lander

I had to reinstall Windows 10 yesterday and then reinstall my other programs, including the latest update of AS3. I'm also having problems with lagging (even something as simple as making a hidden shape vvisible again in the time line or changing text). This wasn't happening with the same AS3 files yesterday morning, before the Windows 10 update, and while using the penultimate version of AS3. I've tried reinstalling AS3, but the problem persists.

Richard Lander

After posting the above and trying  some of the solutions in this Forum I found the Articulate page for dealing with unexpected problems in AS3. This suggested uninstalling AS3 and downloading a SL3cleanup.bat file. I did this and then (without meaning to) I installed the penultimate version of AS3. It is now working perfectly again, but I now don't know if this was thanks to executing the cleanup file or because I've gone back to an earlier version of AS3.

Anyway, problem solved ... but still curious as to what was causing it.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Richard!

It's hard to tell what might have been causing the lag, but I'm so glad Storyline 3 is back up and running for you! We usually recommend downloading the SL3cleanup.bat file to fix similar issues. 

I hope this doesn't happen again, but if so, don't hesitate to reach us in this discussion or in a support case.

Richard Lander

Thank you Lauren. Replies from Articulate staff and Community members are always timely and helpful. Unfortunately the lags have reccurred, but I'm working on the basis that it may also be a result of a Windows update, which I'm currently uninstalling. I'll let you know if I can't find a definitive solution, but if it was to do with the latest AS3 update I imagine other users would be reporting  them.