Storyline 360 stalls when publishing to LMS

Nov 14, 2019

I have run into a problem today with publishing one of my modules. When I go to publish the course it begins to create the slides, then hangs up. I have waited more than an hour and still it does not progress. When I open my task manager it shows over 1,900MB of memory being used. If I wait long enough, the task will completely disappear from the list. At that point I have to restart my computer to get it to stop.

I always work off my desktop folder when in Storyline.

I have attached three things, two screenshots of what I am seeing and the .story file.

12 Replies
Katie Riggio

So sorry you're running into this, Mark. I'm happy to help investigate!

It looks like the three attachments did not come through to the forums. Could you click this link to open the discussion and use the Add Attachment button to include the files in your reply?

Also, what version of Storyline 360 are you using? You can find this detail by clicking on the Help tab, then About Storyline.

Looking forward to having a look!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing those items.

I'm unable to recreate the error when publishing your course. I've attached the .zip file in case you need it.

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise to import the file into a new one and proceed.

If it's happening in any/all files, you should conduct a repair of your software.

Leslie McKerchie

No worries, Mark.

Thanks for the update.

Hmm, let's walk through a few more questions to see if we can get down to the difference that we are seeing:

• Are you publishing the file to a local drive as Step 1 in this documentation indicates?
  • Do you know what version of Storyline you're using?

You can check by going to:
    Help > About Articulate Storyline

We are currently on Build 3.34.20804.0 of Storyline 360. You can read all of the details here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.