Storyline 360 - Story view arrows not showing correctly

Jul 12, 2023

Hello!

I have a slide menu connected to three True/False slides, once you answer you have to go back to the menu. The 1st and the 3rd slides work correctly and in story view I can see the 2 red arrows as per the triggers I've built in the feedback layers, but the second slide only shows one arrow despite having the same triggers for both layers to go back to the menu. 

I have tried to recreate the slide from scratch, recreate only the layer even uninstall storyline but I cannot solve this issue. 

Does anyone know why and how? 

Pics attached.

Thanks,

4 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Training Inditex,

Great question! I understand that even though your triggers are the same on each of your slides the red arrows appear differently in Story View. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening! I have a few follow-up questions regarding the situation so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

• Is this happening with more than one file or is this the only one?
  • Are you working from a shared drive? If so, I recommend saving your files on your local drive before creating, editing, and publishing them. This will help minimize any unexpected behavior.
  • You mention that the first and third slides are working correctly, is the second slide working correctly and just not displaying correctly or does it not work as intended?

Also, would you be willing to share your file here or with our support engineers privately in a support case so we can troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

Training Inditex training_inditex@es.webhelp.com

Hi John, 

Thank you. 

I'm working locally, it happens in this file and others that I've created as a copy, and it does not always work correctly, the entire course freezes at random points (different for everyone) and not at the same time, most commonly when a video plays, but not always on the same slides.

I've opened another discussion here https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/course-freezes-randomly-5dcd5e69-9b16-4075-9714-6d5b2b737cbb

So I thought maybe the arrows could be the issue. 

Unfortunately I cannot share the projects. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Training Inditex!

Thanks for following up and sharing the extra information!

It sounds like you hit a snag with the sequence of your triggers, some freezing issues, and wanted to see if it could be related to the videos you've added to your course.

I see that my teammate Joe replied to your related thread with some troubleshooting steps to try out here.

Walt Hamilton

The arrows are not the problem; ignore them. What counts if if the course proceeds as planned. (If it really bothers you not to see the arrows, hold CTRL and scroll to zoom or out in story view.) Following the arrows is not reliable troubleshooting; previewing is.

That said, if the course is freezing up, you do have a problem. Follow Joe's advice.