Course freezes randomly

Jul 07, 2023

Hi! Anyone has ever had courses freezing at random points (different for everyone) and not at the same time, most commonly when a video plays, but not always on the same slides. The course have a number of different slide types (4 sections each with video and quizzes, drag & drop, multiple choice, hotspot etc., each section has a quiz result slide). If we refresh the page, most commonly the course needs to be restarted from the beginning both in review and in LMS.

I've tried to export the SCORM with adaptive, and by lowering the quality of video and images, all the video are compressed mp4.

Can anyone help? 

5 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Training Inditex!

It sounds like you're running into some issues with a Storyline course freezing in random places. I'd be happy to work with you to determine what could be causing that!

I had a couple of follow-up questions first to help me understand the situation a little better.

If the issue is occurring in a specific .story file, would you be willing to share it here in the discussion or privately through a support case so we can test the behavior on our end? We'll delete it from our system once we're finished!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Training Inditex training_inditex@es.webhelp.com

Hi Steven, 

Thank you.

I'm working locally, naming the project without spaces, and I also tried the LMS debugging troubleshoot when exporting SCORM.

The freezing occurs regarding the browser used (we tried with all and incognito, also tried to delete cookies etc.) in review 360. 

I have to double-check if I can send the project and open a support case. 

Thanks, Chiara

Jose Tansengco

Hi Chiara,

Thanks for the additional information. If the freezing mostly happens on slides with videos, you can try re-encoding your videos to see if this will help address the behavior. You can use a tool called Handbrake for this, and you can check out this video to learn how to use it to re-encode your videos.

Kelly Auner

Hi, Chiara!

Please let us know if re-encoding the videos makes a difference! I know you mentioned you had to check on whether you can share your file in a support case. Just a quick note that anything you share with our team in a  case is kept confidential. We regularly remove user files from our systems, and we're also happy to sign an NDA upon request.

If you have other questions about our Privacy and security policies, please take a look at our Trust Center!