Storyline 360 "There is not enough space on the disk."

Nov 23, 2017

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this ... "There is not enough space on the disk."; see attached.  But i have TONS; see attached.  and yes I'm working off of my pc's drive, not a network.  See attached for current version.

My directory path to my project files is less than 260 characters, there are no special characters, accents or symbols in the file name, I have no running any programs in the background.

Don't know what else to do?

10 Replies
George Swirszcz

My IT dept discovered Storyline automatically saves temp files in the C drive; in my specific circumstance it was under C:\Users\GSWIRSZCZ\AppData\Roaming\Articulate\Storyline

issue was resolved after I deleted about 125GB worth of saved temp files.

I hope this helps anyone else experiencing this issue.

George Swirszcz

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/anyway-to-recover-corrupted-files

There may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

Robbie Christian

Thanks for this thread! The temp files are being saved to the hard drive that Articulate is installed on (C:), even though I have over 1TB of free space on the mechanical hard drive (D:) that I save all of my work to. Gigabyte after Gigabyte, it finally filled up my hard drive and I had the same issue.

If anyone else runs into this, do exactly as George described. If you can't see AppData, it's most likely hidden. If you don't know how to unhide it, go here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-97fbc472-c603-9d90-91d0-1166d1d9f4b5#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

Jose Tansengco

Hello Orv,

I did a quick Google search on how to change the location of the temp folder in Windows and this official Microsoft thread was one of the top results. Please note that we do not provide support for system modifications done to your operating system, so it would be best to ask your IT staff if this change can be done for you. There also isn't a way to specify the number of files that can be saved in the temp folder, so we recommend periodically cleaning the folder if you're running into disk space issues.