Storyline 360 Try Mode Steps keeps freezing when adding a screen recording

Jun 15, 2023

Hi, the Try Mode Steps mode used to work fine.  But recently (since Windows 11 upgrade, I think) it doesn't work. 

I do a screen recording, select the Try Mode Steps mode, and it then tries to create, say, 15 slides.  It will do the first few and then the wheel just keeps going round and round.  If you click the cancel button nothing happens, so I have to close the application using Task Manager.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Articulate 360, made sure the PC is totally up to date, but nothing works.  So frustrating, particularly as it's such a brilliant function when it works! 

Has anyone had this before and does anyone know that answer?

Thanks

Matt

1 Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Matthew!

It sounds like you were having some trouble with Storyline 360 freezing after inserting a screen recording. I see you've connected with my colleague Ian through a support case and the issue stemmed from working on a shared drive rather than your local drive. So glad to hear you were able to get that resolved!

For anyone else discovering this thread, we recommend you Create, Edit, and Publish Courses on Your Local Hard Drive while authoring in order to avoid erratic behavior.