Storyline 360 WebObject - Scrollbars furtive apparition

Aug 02, 2018

Hello.

I converted a swf file in HTML5 canvas. (eye blinking of a character)

Then I imported it in storyline 360 as a WebObject.

Once published, the WebObject works well.

But I noticed a little graphic problem.

Indeed, during the first loading of the slide, we can see during a brief moment the scrollbars around the WebObject, however my WebObject does not contain scrollbars, they are been deactivated in Adobe Animate CC.

We also see a white rectangle in front of the character.

In fact, it is a white rectangle with 100 per cent opacity (a transparent rectangle) who stays transparent during the whole time of the slide.

So, we should never see it.

Can somebody know, if it is possible to do something to not have this short displaying of scrollbars and white rectangle?

You can see the problem on the following articulate review link:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/fa9a1225-7063-49b9-be30-79db53f0ad32/review

Thank you very much for your answers.

4 Replies
Nicolas Fricker

Hello Tom

Thank you for your fast answer.

I tried to do it in Storyline with looping animation, but the problem is that I can't set the time between each eye blinking.

Therefore, the eye blinking is too fast and it seems not natural.

I attached a video showing the scrollbar furtiv displaying problem.

The scrollbar quickly appears on the right of the character.

From a navigation fluency point of view, it is very unpleasant.

Furthermore, this character (with different mood) appears in almost each slide of my modules, so you can understand that this is very disturbing for the student, and not acceptable for the module navigation fluidity.

When I used this character in SWF format, instead of html5/WebObject format I didn't have this problem.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem ?

Thank you.

Tom Kuhlmann

I'm not sure if there's any easy fix for the scrollbar because that may/may not appear based on browser size and resolution. 

As far as the animation, I think there are a few ways to go. I was playing around with animating a mouth for characters at a recent workshop. I made an animated gif of the mouth of a character using Screen2Gif (free) and PowerPoint. I inserted the characters and then cropped them to just the mouths. And then output the mouths as .png and inserted into Screen2Gif. Then I insert the animated mouth onto a character in Storyline.

Another option is to create a looping animation. Here's a quick demo where I moved the mouth. I can change the speed based on the images I use and how long they sit on the timeline.

Files attached if you want to play around with the idea.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.