Storyline 360 Zoom Issues After Text Entry

Jul 13, 2021

Hi there,

When using the latest updated version of Storyline through a Rise course, I am encountering an issue with user experience/capability from mobile devices. 

Basically, the course follows a learn, see, do application.  Learners learn how to do something (in this case, log into a mobile application), physically see the steps in action, and finally test it out on their own.  

Storyline works fine until it gets to the text field entries - when on a mobile device, the screen automatically zooms into the text field; but never zooms back out.  Even the pinch to zoom functionality isn't working.  This is prohibiting learners from clicking the X to leave Storyline (to continue in Rise) or navigate to other slides in Storyline with normal zoom ratios.

I have triggers in the Storyline file that basically go like this:

1. When the direction prompt comes up, pause the timeline
  2. Once a user enters in text and hits enter/return on the keyboard, the timeline resumes.
  3. Another prompt comes up - pauses
  4. User enters stuff - resumes

Is there a way to disable the zooming into text fields or another trigger that I am missing to reset zoom/window on a mobile device?  I have tested on both iOS and Android devices.

Zero issues on PCs - however my target audience are remote using company assigned cellphones for the training.  (Drivers for a logistics company).

Any help would be great!  Attached are some screenshots of the behaviors.

Pinned Reply
4 Replies
Randy Cruz

This needs a fix ASAP. I've been reading around and haven't seen anything worth trying. The fact the you can't 'Zoom back out' after text entry renders the entire interaction useless. I've tried several scenarios: SCORM inside of Rise, SCORM outside of Rise, SCORM just in LMS, SCORM in new pop-up window....nothing works. This has been reported up to 2 years ago with no fix yet. I, too need mobile delivery and this is just so disappointing. Please fix!!!

Becca Levan

Hello Nick & Randy,

First, I'm so sorry you're both experiencing this issue and that it is creating a headache for you. I appreciate you reporting this to us!

Nick, happy to see you jumped into a case with one of our support engineers, Lianne.

Randy, I wanted to share the workaround from Nick's case in hopes it might be useful to you:

• Try to share the course with a different method: either thru Review 360 or export the Rise course.

Again, I'm sorry that this is slowing you both down, and as soon as we have updates, we'll be sure to circle back here to share details.