Storyline and Office 365

Apr 15, 2014

I have been trying to email a published Storyline project. I have checked with IT at the organization where I work and they say Articulate Storyline is not compatible with Office 365. Can you tell me what I can to in order to email a project so it can be reviewed prior to downloading to my server? If Storyline is not compatible with O 365 can you tell me if there are any plans to change that - when?

2 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Nance,

I use Office 365 on one of my machines, so maybe I can help. Are you trying to email through the Storyline prompt? If so, it may help to send it through Outlook manually, in a new message. 

1. Publish your content as you normally would.
  2. Navigate to the location on your machine that you selected when you published.
  3. Zip the files.
  4. Open a new email message in Outlook and attach the zipped files to the message. 

If that doesn't work, please tell me what happens when you try to send or attach the files.

While we're on the topic, however, I wanted to mention that if you share these files with someone and they're viewed locally, it could cause some issues. 

To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. Please review the article below for more information:

Publishing and Sharing Articulate Storyline Content

If you do not have access to a web server or LMS for testing, you could try using SCORM Cloud.

Another option would be to use our Tempshare server. Just keep in mind that this server is only available for testing content - it is not officially supported by Articulate and all content will be removed automatically after 10 days.

In addition, you could also use Dropbox. Just remember that you'll need to place your content in the "Public" folder. Also, you'll need to make sure that the folder is enabled. To do so, click on this link.

You're always welcome to try out Articulate Online, as well - it's available for a free 30 day trial.

I hope this information helps!

Nance Fiester

Thanks so much, Christine. I have tried the Zip file method but it did not work either. However, I am experiencing other non Storyline related computer issues so that may be part of my problem. 

I will take a look at the links you provided in your reply and also make notes the next time I try to send a published file via email. 

Thanks again,

Nance

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.