Storyline bug?

Apr 15, 2020

I created a slide with simple interactions using hotspots and layers. It worked well the first time. I was using the "hover over" interaction instead of "click". Then I decided to change all the hotspots to "click", adding a "click outside" command. Now I have this one hotspot that refuses to work, no matter what I do. I deleted it, created a new one, no success. Not sure what I am missing here. Mind you, I have been working non stop for two weeks on Articulate so I guess I am tired. The naughty hot spot is the one at the top of the map. Thanks for your help in advance. 

6 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Christophe,

It might be worth closing Storyline, then shutting down your PC, restarting your PC and opening Storyline again. Finally, open your project file and see if it then works okay. Sometimes a complete reboot does the job.

Don't worry, you haven't wasted my time if it is now working okay.

Just out of interest, if you are only using the hotspot slide as a Storyline block in Rise, have you thought of doing the whole thing in Rise using a Labelled Graphic?

This would probably blend more seamlessly with the rest of your Rise course

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.