Storyline Crashing

Sep 04, 2013

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. It seems that when I am working with the audio I've recorded storyline has a tendency to crash when i try to preview. The audio is a mix of files inserted from other sources and audio recorded straight into storyline.

Other elements in my project include the audio, images, illustrated characters, and animated GIF's. Is anyone else having any crashing issues when working with these types of media?

I'm experiencing a crash about every hour or so, sometimes more. Truly enjoy the product but frustration is setting in. If anyone has any thoughts please share.

Thanks so much.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Destery and welcome to Heroes!

Can you confirm you're working with local project files, please?

• Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior so be sure that you are working on your local drive (your C: drive).
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.