Storyline crashing

Mar 03, 2014

Storyline crashes about every other day. A window pops up that asks me to type in what happended and send a report, but storyline completely locks up so that all I can do is force a shut down, and of course I lose all unsaved work. I am also quite disappointed with the meager amount of animation storyline offers. I am seriously thinking about just spending the money to go back to Captivate, and with their cloud offering per month basis, seems like the way to go.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robert and welcome to Heroes,

I'm sorry to hear about the crashing your experiencing, and there are a few things I'd want for you to check into that may be causing the behavior:

Ramon Smitherman

I and all the members of my team experience the same thing.  We loose countless hours of work every month.  My advice has been to save every time a major edit on a slide is made.  We figured it is just one of those things one has to put up with if we use the tool continually all day.

However it is late, I am tired and I am loosing my patience with having to restart, figure out what was lost or saved and pick up the effort again.  I looked at your recommendations and we are in line with all of them. 

This is very disappointing.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ramon,

This thread is a bit older, so we'd want to know a bit more information about if you're using Storyline 1 or Storyline 2? Do you have the newest update of each? If you're seeing the crash regularly and no error message other than "something went wrong" and you've already conducted the repair steps (second to last bullet above - directions for Storyline 2 here) we'd like to have you share the crash logs with our team so that we can look into it further. Here are directions on how to pull them. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.