Storyline crashing when I try to add to slider triggers

Jul 26, 2022

I am fairly new to Articulate and am working with the free trial version.  I am trying to finish another project for my portfolio before my trial runs out in less than a week.  I am trying to create a slide with a slider where both text and an image appears for each slider value (1 through 5) by using variable triggers on the slider and creating states for the images and text boxes that are showing and hidden (2 triggers per object).

I have been trying to add the text box for the slider value trigger = 3, but every time I try to duplicate the text box and edit it, or even create a new text box on the slide from scratch, the whole program crashes.  

I duplicated the slide into a new project, deleting the built-in triggers on my sidebar menu to try to make the file lighter, but the same thing happened.  

What am I missing?  I grouped my triggers to see if that helped, but nothing helped.  I have rebooted the program a few times.  Please help!  Thanks!!


3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Krista, 

Thank you for providing a detailed description of the behavior you encountered. I tried to replicate it on my end using your project file, but I can confirm that adding text boxes and sliders did not cause the application to crash for me.

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience:

If you are already working locally, and the behavior can be replicated in a new project file, try doing a repair of your Storyline 360 installation to see if this helps. If the behavior is only happening to one specific file, try importing your project slides over to a new project file.

Let us know how it goes! 

Krista Smedstad

Thanks for the help!  In the end, the app finally had a pop-up notification for an update, which seemed to help with the crashes.  However, I also found a tutorial which made the whole slider interaction more elegant and simpler using layers instead of multiple state changes.

The issue remains somewhat of a mystery, but I think the update ended up being the fix.