Storyline keeps asking me to log in and get a subscription, but I have one valid through Feb. 2025? Help!

Jun 11, 2024

Hey all! 

I am trying to get into storyline and just downloaded the updates today. It now will not let me log in to the application, saying I need a subscription. When I go to the website, it says my subscription is valid and active. Is there something I need to do on my end? 

14 Replies
Mike Andrews

I was actually thinking about this yesterday what would happen if we lost access to our subscription, such as if Articulate went out of business. We'd have ZERO way of even opening up the project files to grab content. At least with Storyline 3, once you installed the software and authenticated the license key, as long as you didn't have to re-install the software, you could continue to use it. This is a major problem with companies going to a purely subscription model. We don't even own the content we create essentially...

Hugh V

Same here. See: https://www.articulatestatus.com/

Investigating - We're experiencing issues with some users unable to log into Articulate 360 apps, use the tools, or see an incorrect subscription status. We're looking into what went wrong and will let you know as soon as we have more information. We're so sorry for the trouble!
Jun 11, 2024 - 15:31 UTC