Storyline Layers

Jun 04, 2014

Hi Storyliners

Is there a trick that can lock the layers on a slide. I find I accidentally click on one layer and it moves out of order.  I am frequently adding a number prefix to each layer so that I know where it belongs.

Can this be a new feature request - if not possible in current version of Storyline Update 5.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christine, 

You can't lock a layer - although it sounds like a good feature request. 

You can move the layers around by clicking on them and dragging them within the layer set up though. I haven't seen them move around when changing the layer title though - so it sounds like odd behavior. Can you check into the following: 

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.

Also, if this is happening on every .story file it may also be worth conducting the repair of Storyline. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.