Storyline Menu does not display when embedded into Rise

Feb 07, 2024

I have created a Storyline file that is defaulted to have the menu display on the left side of the screen. When the file is previewed in Storyline and Review, the menu displays, but when it is embedded into the Rise360 file, it does not automatically display. It has to be opened up manually. How do I change this?

3 Replies
Elizabeth Kuhlmann

Hi Cindy,

Is the size of your Storyline block "small" in Rise? If so, that is the default behavior and I have not seen a way to change it. If you adjust the size of the Storyline block to medium or full width in the "Format" section of that block in Rise, you should see your sidebar menu in the Storyline file.

Elizabeth Kuhlmann

This is what happens for me on a 16:9 (laptop screen) when I adjust the block size of a Storyline block from small to medium or full width: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d5ae6473-457e-4962-8954-895b49d89825/review 

I'd also double check in your Storyline Player settings that the box for "Sidebar starts collapsed" is not checked.

Finally, there are a couple of reasons why the menu might be collapsing on its own depending on how you're viewing the course. The Storyline player, where the sidebar menu is housed, is responsive. So if you have your browser zoomed in past 100%, for example, or if you're working in a smaller window, then the sidebar is going to collapse automatically as part of its responsive behavior.